Our Complaints Procedure for Clients
We are committed to providing the highest quality of service to our clients. In the event you are not entirely satisfied with the service you have received from us, we ask that you please follow the below complaints procedure.
- Please raise any concerns or complaints that you may have with the solicitor responsible for your matter. Alternatively, you may contact the Senior Partner, Tom Redfern, by email at email@example.com, by telephone on +44 (0) 203 617 9271, or by post to Redfern Legal LLP, 7 Henrietta Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2E 8PS, United Kingdom.
- We will acknowledge your complaint in writing (this may be by email) as soon as possible and at the latest, within five working days of receipt. We may ask you to clarify your complaint or explain it in more detail.
- Within two working days of receipt of your complaint or of receiving further clarification from you, we will start an investigation into your complaint. This will usually involve a thorough review of your complaint, a review of your file and of any other relevant documentation that we hold. We will also discuss the complaint with the person that handled your matter.
- We will aim to respond in full to your complaint within fifteen working days of the date of our letter of acknowledgement. We will include in this response proposals for resolving the matter.
- If we require a longer period in which to respond we will let you know. We will do this within fifteen working days of the date of our letter of acknowledgement.
- In the event that you feel our response is not satisfactory, you may request that someone else within the firm carries out a review of your complaint and our response. This review is likely to be carried out by the Senior Partner, if the Senior Partner did not carry out the initial investigation of your complaint. We will aim to send you a substantive further response within fifteen working days, or let you know if it is likely to take longer.
- We will not charge you for handling your complaint.
- If this does not resolve your complaint, you may choose to contact the Legal Ombudsman which operates a complaints and redress scheme. For further information about this scheme, including whether you are eligible and the applicable time limits for contacting them, you should contact them using the details below or visit their website.
- The Legal Ombudsman can be contacted by post at PO Box 6806 Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ, United Kingdom, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +44 (0) 300 555 0333.
- You can also contact the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) if you think a solicitor might have breached the Code of Conduct or SRA Principles. Reports can be made through the SRA website.
Redfern Legal LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under number 463373.
For further information relating to this procedure, please contact us.
Redfern Legal LLP