Sole Representative Visa

Are you looking to “dip your toe in the water” and establish a UK subsidiary or branch of a parent company?

To apply to be the sole representative of an overseas business in the UK, you must:

  • have been employed by the parent company;
  • hold a senior post;
  • be directly employed by the parent company;
  • not be a majority shareholder; and
  • not intend to carry out any other work whilst in the UK.

You should be coming to the UK to establish a wholly owned subsidiary or register a branch in the UK for an overseas parent company and establish a commercial presence.  The company must have no other branch, subsidiary or other representative in the UK.

The visa is for an initial period of three years. There is an option to extend it for another two years, if the criteria are satisfied. After five years, the individual may be eligible for settlement, provided the criteria are fulfilled.

Please contact us for further information.